Anonymous asked: Salaam, hope you're well. :) Can you recommend me some good books about the Palestinian struggle please?
Walaykum as salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu! Alhamdulilah I’m well I hope you are too?
What I’m going to do for you, anon, in light of you asking so nice, is write up a masterlist of stuff to do with Palestine and Israel. I’ve been meaning to do something like this for a while, so thanks for the impetus!
- The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine — Illan Pappe
- Peace Not Apartheid — Jimmy Carter
- The Question of Palestine — Edward Said
- The Gun & The Olive Branch — David Hirst
- Disappearing Palestine — Jonathon Cook
- Imperial Israel — Michael Palumbo
- The Politics of Dispossesion — Edward Said
- Gaza In Crisis — Noam Chomsky & Illan Pappe
- The Fateful Triangle — Noam Chomsky
- The Israel Lobby & US Foreign Policy — John Mearsheimer
- Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions — Omar Barghouti
(I’ve left out, purposefully, opponents of the Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions Movement (BDS Movement) like Finkelstein and the New Historians of Israel (except Pappe). I’ve included two books by Chomsky (an opponent of BDS and liberal Zionist) because they are really valuable sources.)
- Palestine Is Still The Issue
- Occupation 101
- 5 Broken Cameras
- Children of Gaza
- Louis Theroux On Ultra-Zionists
- Inside Britain’s Israel Lobby
- The Gatekeepers
- Tears of Gaza
- Peace, Propaganda & The Promised Land
- The Israel Lobby
- Electronic Intifada
- Palestine Solidarity Campaign
- I Stand With Palestine
- Informed Consent
- International Middle East Media Centre
- St Pete For Peace
- Gaza Solidarity
- Palestinian Centre For Human Rights
- UN Resolutions Concerning Israel
- A list of national and international law offences committed by Israeli state and Israeli individuals.
- International legal opinions on Israeli policies and happenings
- US vetos of action against Israel
- International law and Israel-Palestine
- A list of UN resolutions regarding Israel
- Another list of UN resolutions
- The illegal acquisition of land: An international legal analysis
- Israeli violations of international human rights laws
- A list of UN resolution violations
- Pro-Israel lobby in the UK
- UK Conservative party bankrolled by Israeli lobbyists
- Friends of Israel groups lobby UK political parties
- UK Zionist lobbys
- The Israel Lobby & US Foreign Policy
Palestinians in the Knesset (Israeli parliament)
- Israeli apartheid doesn’t stop at the West Bank
- Silencing Dissent: Violation of Political Rights of Arab Political Parties
- Knesset bans main Arab political parties
- The vision of an Arab-free Knesset
- Knesset panel recommends revoking Arab politician’s privileges
- Knesset conduct prohibits Palestinian representation
- Israeli MK proposes anti-Palestinian legislation in US Congress
- Discrimination against the Arab citizens of Israel
- Demoting Arabic in the Knesset
Privileged Social Security & Welfare
- Benefit subsidies and grants for international Jews, but not Israeli Arabs
- Disproportionate allocation of welfare to Jews, despite Arabs in Israel being in general poorer
- No tax breaks for poor Arabs
The Demographic Threat
- Israeli government policy to strategically reduce Arab citizens of Israel.
- Israeli Housing Minister: “Spread of Arab population must be stopped!”
- Costs and subsidies, not ideology, facilitates Jews to go to Israel.
- The Zionist dream to extinguish the Palestinians since Day 1
- Ethnic cleansing and displacement: Israeli violations of international law
- Segregated buses for Arab Israelis
- Identification: ID system for segregating Palestinians
- Segregated roads in Israel and West Bank
"Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East!"
- It’s not… but so what if it was?
- Israeli democracy in pictures
- An island of freedom.. really?: Israeli democracy
- Israel: A democracy or ethnocracy?
"The Israeli Defence Force is the most moral army in the world!"
- Israeli Defence Force White Phosphorous Use
- Israeli Defence Force confessions of human rights violations.
- IDF Poison Gas Attacks
- War of Gaza 2012 Timeline
- Israel’s Nuclear Capability
- Israel’s chemical weapons
- Israel’s armed with nuclear capabilities
- Human shield use was not only legal, but encouraged in IDF policy and commandments.
- IDF use children as human shields
- IDF use Palestinian children to open suspicious packages
- More children shield use by IDF
- Even more children used as shields
- And again…
- And again…
- IDF Generals command human shield use
- Israeli Defence Force’s use of torture
- Rocket attacks stats: Israel drops more bombs.
- If a rocket from Gaza falls in the middle of the desert, does it make a sound?
- Hamas rockets: pretty crap really…
- Hamas rockets v Israeli rockets
- 90% of rockets are intercepted
- Drones over Gaza: Searching for dignity
This list is not exhaustive. There are far too many sources to cite for violations of prisoners rights, house demolitions, illegal settlements, the blockade of Gaza, a history of apartheid Israeli policy.
Maybe one day I’ll expand this some more. This is a fraction of the sources I’ve collected over the past 3/4 years alone… now imagine, the subjugation and ethnic cleansing is roughly 100 years old.